- Name Yu, Jae-Jun
- Position Dean
- Dept. Physics and Astronomy
- Major Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
- Office 61-206
- Contact 02-880-5414
- Ph.D. Dept. of Linguistics, University
- Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea — B.S in Physics, 1984
- Northwestern University, Illinois, USA — M.S. in Physics, 1986
- Northwestern University, Illinois, USA — Ph.D. in Physics, 1988
- Professor of the Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Seoul National University
- Associate Editor, Philosophical Magazine and Philosophical Magazine Letters, UK (2012 ~ present)
- Visiting Scholar, Max Planck Institutue for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany (2018)
- Associate Dean, Faculty of Liberal Education, Seoul National University (2014 ~ 2016)
- Treasurer, the Korean Physical Society (2014 ~ 2016)
- General Council Member, APCTP (Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics) (2014 ~ 2016)
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University (2012 ~ 2014)
- Visiting Professor, The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, Japan (2012 Summer)
- Associate Dean for Student Affairs, College of Liberal Studies, Seoul National University (2011~2012)
- Visiting (Sabbatical) Scientist, National Renewable Energy Laboratory; Colorado, USA (2010 ~ 2011)
- Principal Investigator, Center for Strongly Correlated Materials Research (CSCMR), Seoul National University (2008 ~ 2012)
- Executive Editor, Journal of the Korean Physical Society (JKPS) (2007)
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Rutgers University; New Jersey, USA (2006 Summer)
- Assistant and Associate Professor, Physics Department, Sogang University (1992 ~ 1999)
- Research Associate, Physics Department, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Illinois, USA (1991 ~ 1992)
- Research Associate, Physics Department, Northwestern University; Illinois, USA (1988 ~ 1990)
- Curiosity and Science (2016)
- "Passivated co-doping approach to bandgap narrowing of titanium dioxide with enhanced photocatalytic activity”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 200, 1 (2017).
- "Novel J eff= 1/2 Mott state induced by relativistic spin-orbit coupling in Sr2IrO4”, Physical Review Letters 101, 076402 (2008).
- "O(N) LDA+U electronic structure calculation method based on the nonorthogonal pseudoatomic orbital basis”, Physical Review B 73, 045110 (2006).
- "Magnetic ordering at the edges of graphitic fragments: Magnetic tail interactions between the edge-localized states”, Physical Review B 72, 174431 (2005).
- "Electronically Driven Instabilities and Superconductivity in the Layered La2-xMxCuO4 Perovskites", Physical Review Letters 58, 1035 (1987).